Many WyldLife clubs play a form of Extreme Tic Tac Toe on the floor using hula hoops (for each of the 9 boxes) and colored bean bags (for the “X”s and “O”s). The limitation with that game is that the crowd can’t see the game board. This version puts the action front and center, in everyone’s line of vision.
- Painter’s tape
- Foam core
- Duct tape
- Extreme Tic Tac Toe slide (above)
- tape out a Tic Tac Toe game on a wall with painter’s tape
- cut out 3 “X”s and 3 “O”s from foam core
- put duct tape on back of “X”s and “O”s
- Divide into 2 teams. Choose 3 people from each team to be players for a round.
- Once all pieces are on the board, players continue cycling to the game board, moving a currently placed piece until one team wins.
- Remind students to play BOTH defense and offense! You’ll see what we mean if you watch the video below…
WATCH EXTREME TIC TAC TOE here: (from the Middle School Ministry Campference, 2017).