game idea from Jennifer Behret
inspired by Good Mythical Morning on Youtube
This game is simple and involves eating strange foods – what else can you ask for in middle school ministry? Here’s how it goes:
- Choose your spice or sauce.
- Compile a selection of foods. We suggest a few that would create a great taste, as well as a few that won’t (because hello, this should be funny!)
- Prepare the foods with the spice or sauce, if necessary.
- Call up your volunteer(s) to try the strangely spiced food. The crowd, together, calls out, “WILL IT (insert spice or sauce name)?!”
Jennifer’s area tried this game – here’s how it went.
- Chosen spice: Pumpkin
- Selected foods: Milk, mayo, hot dog, pickle, cottage cheese, and muffins
- The hot dogs needed to be cooked in the spice, but the rest they just sprinkled on or mixed in.
- Student volunteers to taste test. Crowd calls out, “WILL IT PUMPKIN SPICE?!”
A Few Tips and Bonus Ideas:
- Have a trash can on standby. You just never know with these weird food games.
- Get more students involved by rotating groups of 3-5 up to try one food at a time. For instance, have 3-5 students try apples with hot sauce. Then, have 3-5 different students come up to try cottage cheese with hot sauce.
- Don’t tell the contestants what they’ll be trying until they’ve volunteered.